Bogra • Dinajpur • Gaibandha • Jaipurhat • Kurigram • Lalmonirhat • Naogaon • Natore • Nawabganj • Nilphamari • Pabna • Panchagarh • Rajshahi • Rangpur • Sirajganj • Thakurgaon
Dinajpur is a district in Northern Bangladesh . It is a part of the Rajshahi Division .
- 1 Geography
- 2 Subdivisions
- 3 Population statistics
- 4 History
- 5 Archaeology
- 6 Economy
- 7 Places of interest
- 8 Fruits
- 9 See also
- 10 References
Dinajpur is bounded by Thakurgaon and Panchagarh districts in the north, Gaibandha and Joypurhat districts in the south, Nilphamari and Rangpur districts in the east, and the state of West Bengal , India in the west. The total area of the district is 3437.98 square kilometres. Annual average highest temperature 33.5°C and lowest 10.5°C; annual rainfall 2536 mm. Main rivers are Dhepa , Punarbhaba , Kanchan and Atrai .
Sub-districts or Upazilas are Birampur Upazila , Birganj , Biral Upazila , Bochaganj Upazila , Chirirbandar Upazila , Phulbari Upazila , Ghoraghat Upazila , Hakimpur Upazila , Kaharole Upazila , Khansama Upazila , Dinajpur Sadar Upazila , Nawabganj , Parbatipur Upazila .
- Total Population is 2617942. Among them male 51.12%, female 48.88%.
- Muslim 76.65%, Hindu 20.58%, Christian 0.80%, Buddhist 0.11% and others 1.86%.
- Ethnic nationals: the Santal and Oraon.
- Average literacy 27.4%; male 34.7% female 19.5%.
- Main occupations Agriculture 42.85%, agricultural labourer 29.19%, wage labourer 2.48%, commerce 10.2%, transport 1.67%, service 5.58%, others 8.03%.
- Land control Landless 40%, small farmers 30%, medium farmers 25%, large farmers 5%; per capita cultivable land 0.05 hectare.
Dinajpur was once a part of the ancient state of Pundrabardhwan. The British administrative control in Dinajpur was established in 1793. At the time of Partition of Bengal in 1947, part of greater Dinajpur district was included in West Bengal and it was named West Dinajpur . People of the district took part in the Tebhaga Movement and also had significant contribution in the War of Liberation.
Kantaji Temple , Rajbari, Dinajpur Museum, ramsagar tank and the tombs of Chehel Gazi and Gora Shahid, Sitar Kuthuri, Habra Zamindar Bari, Gour Gabindha, Baraduari, Shingha Darwaza Palace, nayabad mosque, Aowkar Mosque.
Please help improve this article by expanding this section.
Places of interest
Shopnopuri amusement park
- Shopnopuri artificial amusement park
Mango , banana , jackfruit , litchi , blackberry , coconut .